"Catch The Wave" Service Auction is here. The tide rolls in at 5:30PM, and surf's up at 6:30PM.
The 2017 Service Auction will be held at the church on Saturday, April 22, 2017. Potluck appetizers, desserts and silent auctions start at 5:30PM, and the live auction bidding starts at 6:30PM. If you can’t be there, we can arrange a proxy bidder to win on your behalf!
Tickets are $10 per adult to help cover the costs of hosting this beach party. Purchasing these tickets in advance helps us plan an epic event, but they're also available at the shore, we mean door. Free Child Care is available upon registration for toddlers and up. The kids will enjoy a pizza party and movie up in the KidsSpace.
While we provide food and beverages, we also greatly appreciate any food or beverage donations. Tell Wendy Luckenbill what you plan to bring (text/call 484.794.1461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or messenger her Facebook!)
Please contact Kent Gutzler with any questions at 610-780-5162 or email@example.com (link sends e-mail).
What is the Service Auction?
Started in 2001, it is the major fundraiser for our church community.The concept is wonderfully simple. Our members and friends donate items, events, or services to the auction. Bidders "win" the item, event, or service. The money from the sale goes into the church's bank account to pay for programs that benefit your community throughout the year. It's a win-win-win situation!
Some examples of items, events, or services:
- babysitting, attic cleaning, gardening, transportation to the airport
- a hosted themed dinner, picnic, beer tasting, barbeque or outing for a group of people
- a weekend at a vacation home/condo
- a hand-crafted item, such as art, woodworking, knitted blankets
- gift certificates, events tickets, gift baskets
It's about the people!
What does it mean to be a bidder at a church Service Auction? It means you are part of the fun being with fellow UUs, enjoying drinks and hors d’oeuvres and engaging in friendly bidding wars. There is something for everyone, and your winning bids transform into funding for church programs.
But the Service Auction generates more than money - it generates fellowship and community. Items or services bought through the auction often bring buyer and seller together to form genuine, long-lasting connections.
The Service Auction is a deliberate action to draw each other into our homes – to break bread together, to share a hobby or an experience among us and strengthen our community.
What is the money used for?
Proceeds from this auction will help our church continue to give back to our community through continued participation and support to:
- Greater Berks County Food Bank (We serve over 100 families each month.)
- The Minister’s Discretionary Fund (an emergency fund to help people pay for rent, utilities, or food).
- Our hard-working staff (They nurture our spirits and teach our children every Sunday.)
- Our sacred worship, fellowship, and work spaces (Our building is a sanctuary for the joys and sorrows of those who seek truth and justice.)