This is the place to be on April 30, 2016! A night of hUUmor, commUUnity, and fUUndraising for YOUR Congregation!
What is the Service Auction?
Started in 2001, it is the major fundraiser for our church community.The concept is wonderfully simple. Our members and friends donate items, events, or services to the auction. Bidders win the item, event, or service. The money from the sale goes into the church's bank account to pay for programs that benefit your community during the year. It's a win-win-win situation!
Some examples of items, events, or services:
- babysitting, attic cleaning, gardening, transportation to the airport
- a hosted themed dinner, picnic, beer tasting, barbeque or outing for a group of people
- a weekend at a vacation home/condo
- a hand-crafted item, like art, woodworking, knitted blankets
- gift certificates, events tickets, gift baskets
It's about the people!
What would a Service Auction be without bidders? It wouldn’t be a very successful fundraiser and religious community building event. Part of the fun of auction night is being with fellow UUs, enjoying drinks and hors d’oeuvres and engaging in a friendly bidding war. There is something for everyone!
But the Service Auction generates more than money - it generates fellowship and community. Items or services bought through the auction often bring buyer and seller together to form genuine, long-lasting connections.
The Service Auction is a deliberate action to draw each other into our homes – to break bread together, to share a hobby or an experience among us and strengthen our community.
How do I attend?
The 2016 Service Auction will be held at the church on April 30, 2016. Dinner starts at 5:30, and the auction is at 6:30.
Tickets are $10 per adult to help with costs associated with holding this event. Purchasing these tickets in advance helps us plan a successful event, but they're also available at the door.
While we provide food and beverages, we also greatly appreciate any food or beverage donations.
If you can’t be there we can designate a proxy bidder.
Please contact Kent Gutzler with any questions at 610-780-5162 or email@example.com.
What is the money used for?
Proceeds from this auction will help our church continue to give back to our community through continued participation and support to:
- The Greater Berks County Food Bank (we serve hundreds of families annually).
- Family Promise (helping homeless families to transition into a more stable living environment).
- The Minister’s Fund (an emergency fund to help people pay for heating or food).
- Many other socially responsible Berks County organizations.