Our religious community is lively and engaged. We offer opportunities to deepen the spiritual life, connect with others, express generosity of time, talent, and resources, and to participate in social justice. We welcome the energy and wisdom of newcomers, and encourage participation in community activities and services.
Our Sunday morning services are the best place to begin your journey with us. They start at 10:30 AM followed by a social time over coffee and tea. For those families with children, we offer meaningful and fun religious education for children and youth. Children and youth leave for classes after the first 15 minutes of services, which include a wisdom tale or activity.
Our dress is casual, though some people do enjoy dressing up. We are in the City of Reading and fortunate to be located across from the municipal Cherry Street Parking Garage. Just take a ticket when you enter the garage; parking vouchers are available inside at the membership table after church for $1 for up to 4 hours, plenty of time since our services last an hour.
As you get to know us, you may want to explore the option to become a member of our community. Steps on the Pathway to Membership include:
- Stop by the Information table after church to learn more about our religious community and ways to get involved
- Sign up for our weekly news email announcement by contacting the church office at email@example.com (there are also forms at church you can complete)
- Explore our Religious Education page for children and youth if you have children
- Attend one of our "Considering Membership" classes, held in the Spring and Fall
- Sign the Membership Book
- Participate in a Membership Recognition Ceremony during worship